Friday, April 27, 2007

the addiction takes hold

I have a small addiction. I can handle it, but it sometimes prevents me from doing work (like now, when I should be grading thesis papers and regular homework and I totally thought I could do both at the same time, but I cannot). I'm even okay when I am not near it and I can lead a normal life.

I'm addicted to Grey's Anatomy.

I was a new convert last year during the whole Izzie and Denny and Meredith and Derek (because who doesn't love Patrick Dempsey? hubba hubba) storylines and I rapt pretty much this whole season. And then I learned you can watch them online. So I steal away to the Yearbook classroom, watch the show if I missed it and feel blissfully addicted and almost like I am doing something wrong, which I am not because it is my prep period, but I kinda am because I should be doing work.

But man, that show is good! I may be getting sick of the storylines and such, but I am still totally hooked. However, I will not resort to talking about characters and such here because I'm not really concerned about that. I just really like the show. It's entertaining, it lets me escape, and it's pretty well written for a show about what my husband calls, "sexy doctors".

Oh well. I could have worse addictions. And the shows online prevent me from going ballistic if the tape runs out when I set the timer (which happened last night). I never thought I would be one of those, but eh. Whatever makes you happy I guess.

3 comments:

DarkTrail said...

Addicted? Nope. Enjoy!

CASSIE said...

Not sure about the whole Grey's Anatomy addiction but I have just this past week enjoyed some shows on ABC's website myself while at work too. Brothers and Sisters is one I enjoy and I had to check out The Bachelor. I know why I don't watch that show anymore but it was fun to see this girl flip out because she was not picked.
I thought it would be a good way to clear out the TIVO so I went to ABC uploaded the new player and wham it was up and running...there I was watching my fav shows. I did have to reduce the screen size as others can see my monitor but it is fun. So have fun too!!

simzgirl said...

Totally! We all need to escape from time to time. And if you escape to Seattle Grace, so be it...not that I know the hospital by name or anything...