Tuesday, May 18, 2010

sun-ny day.....

(photo courtesy of photojq - :)

As I sit here on a rainy Tuesday morning, staring down four more days of the work week, all of them seem to be filled with rain but the hope of "sun breaks" but not many, I look at this picture and yearn for the sunny two days we spent in San Francisco a few weeks ago. I was 28 weeks pregnant in that shot (I'm almost 31 weeks now) and was just so happy to be in the sun in one of my favorite places. The serenity of the Palace of Fine Arts, it's proximity to the golden gate bridge, the area surrounding it, and just the general feel of San Fran: it all makes me happy and love to visit that dynamic city. Although I think the sun had a HUGE part in my happiness that weekend; the grey weather really is affecting me this year, maybe because of the pregnancy, who knows. But I miss the sun; it goes away far too quickly for me to fully enjoy.

Five weeks of school left, 9 weeks (officially - in reality, who knows) left of pregnancy, and then...the unknown. I have to say, I am getting really excited to meet this little person. Had a good doctor's appointment yesterday: heard the heartbeat, measuring right on track, on the low end of weight gain (not low enough to have to eat more, but low enough to keep an eye out - doc said she's more concerned with how I'm measuring than numbers of weight gain). Everything looks good which is good. So much is happening on the inside though that's it's hard to make a connection on the outside - I want to know who this person is, how she/he is growing, and really, just what is going on in there when I feel rapid kicking and then nothing. Then more movement. Last night I think baby stretched all his/her limbs out, creating a diagonal belly for me. Weird. Most of all, I want to get this party started, but I do know that I have awhile and should enjoy this time, but still. Babies are way more interesting than planning for school and listening to teenagers.

Ahh, but I persevere, hoping to get through the day in one piece, no tears, and be ready for my pedicure this afternoon. I figured I needed a little pampering this week with a doctor's appointment, a dentist appointment, and two baby showers in the 7 day forecast. Too-da-loo!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love love LOVE that picture of you. You are just the cutest pregnant lady! Can't wait to see you for one of the two showers :)