Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Monday

Usually Mondays kick my ass, but today seems to be starting out not too shabby. I could be jinxing myself right now, but school seems manageable (even if I do have a mountain of grading to accomplish, but eh - I have all week!) and I got lots of rest this weekend. It's so hard for me to rest because I have a million items that I want to accomplish on my school to-do list, my house to-do list, my baby to-do list, but it's so nice to allow myself time to rest, read, and clear my head. Last week was a doozy at school/work, so I'm hoping for a nice quiet week all around.

However, lots of happenings in baby world coming up: a doctor's appointment today (31 weeks! We're in single digits until the impending arrival!), and two baby showers within the week. One on Friday at school for all the expecting folks and one on Sunday with family and friends. Overall I feel okay, just innundated with heartburn and sleepy at times. Also, I get ravenously hungry, then not hungry at all. I think I need to add more protein into my diet, but all I want is the sweet stuff both bad stuff and fruit and orange juice. Hmmm.

Starting to get antsy thinking about the birth and how all that will go - we have a plan that I still need to finalize, but it's such an unknown that I don't really know what to think. And I suppose the planning of the "stuff" that goes into baby's room, but I have to confess, I'm not big into stuff. Part of me feels like we need to meet the little friend to see what his/her needs are before we go crazy with the buying. I'm sure after this weekend, I'll see what shape we'll be in after a baby shower. Not that I'm planning on receiving a boatload of gifts, but I know that generous people will be in force this weekend :). And I'm grateful of course....a bit nervous about all the mingling and attention, but it should work out okay.

Alrighty, should get back to some paper grading. Have a fabulous Monday all (if anyone is out there reading this...I should really tell people I've started writing again :). <3, m

No comments: