Sunday, October 15, 2006

orange...an okay color

Quick note - I'm off to the kitchen to make some pumpkin muffins for a pumpkin carving party this afternoon, and before I begin this happy fall activity, I am musing on the color orange and how it's influenced many of my actions in the last few weeks. Pumpkin spice lattes - check. Pumpkin cheescake made - check. Cans of pure pumpkin purchased - check. And yummy pumpkin curry soup consumed - check. Man, for a color I always HATED (and funny because look at my husband's hair :) hee!), I am so rockin' the orange this fall. Just watch, I may purchase some lovely pumpkin colored sweaters and wear some lovely jack-o-latern earrings. Then you'll know that I've officially become......my mother? Scary. And hell no.
Okay, no orange colored clothing or themed accessories, but I can bake and eat whatever I want. That is my orange promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that my hair has helped convince you of the awesomeness that is orange

simzgirl said...

I only have one orange item in my closet and I struggle to even wear that. I agree with your assessment of the color orange. It is quite the yummy color to consume, but not necessarily to wear. ;)