Saturday, October 21, 2006

I always knew the pumpkins were my favorite.....


Oh pumpkim patch - you have given me so much in the past few days in addition to your pumpkin wonderness! Among these gifts have been some muddy stains on my jeans from your impossibly difficult corn maze that almost made Kimberly, Jason and me lose it from cornstalk-induced insanity (and if you don't believe me, look at the two corn maze pictures below in which I look like I may kill someone and where Kimberly and I look so dazed I'm amazed we even got out - thank goodness for our friends who led us out of the maze in striking success, save for a few additional flower stamps). Wait! The gifts keep coming - after getting over my childhood fear of pumpkin carving - oh, the messy innards, the smell, the scooping! All yucky! But, I made it through it all and produced a fairly nicely carved pumpkin that has become a receptacle for the local ants. They saw the pumpkins on the porch and thought, "yes!! finally the dumb humans have allowed us to live in style in this sweet, sweet pumpkin pulp! you think you can spray Raid and kill us, but nuh-uh! we live, we persevere, and we loves us the tasty pumpkin. oh, you think the fire from the candle will kill us? sure, a few will perish, but with those few come 1,000 more. try and stop us bitches!" Who knew ants could be that vicious?
Anyways, here are some more pictures for your perusal and really, I did enjoy the pumpkin patch. I just like to complain. Highlights include being with fabulous friends, Carrie's wonderful chili and cornbread and watching everyone carve ASS into their pumpkins. And feeling like a family......awwww. I forgive you pumpkin patch. You truly have brought wonder into my life. *Tear*

Ready to be done with this Corn Maze crap.



















Awww, who are those cute farmers in the best gender-bending cardboard cut-out picture ever?






Left:Kimberly and I looking ready to leave the Corn Maze
Below: Jason's and my pumpkin with Kimberly hard at work on her Death Mark masterpiece.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! I love the way you describe the ant infestation. too bad we'll have to throw out our brilliant pumpkins before halloween. goddamn ants.

simzgirl said...

Awww. I hope you did have some fun out there. Maybe it was the weather. This was the first year we have ever gone when it kept threatening to rain on us. I hope you give it another chance and come back again next year! It was great to have you all join us!!

magooski said...

nope - totally had fun out there and I was even wishing that we could have done it again yesterday! So don't worry, I'm a patch lifer!

Anonymous said...

(Darwin says BLEBDNHXJWSDJDHJH!!!!) Yikes! That corn-maze craziness was exhausting, messy, and painful....But yet I totally dug it and wish there were more holiday occassions for mazes you can wander through :-) What about Presidents Day-a maze in the shape of the Mount Rushmore? That holiday definitely needs some sprucing up! That's my vote, anyhow....