Friday, December 29, 2006

winding down

The days are winding down, the after-cookie/sweets/etc glow is waning, and I'm starting to feel the sense that all the holidays are gone (except for New Year's, but that has never really been a favorite of mine - it's so stressful trying to find something fun to do that doesn't involve lots of money and too much drinking). Plus, the days are getting closer to the impending "back to school" which is never a happy thought because January just blows. I wish my attitude were better, but it just does I'm afraid. (written in grand old 2006)

However, the new year (because it's now 2007) is always a sense of rebirth and the mind-set that I can do anything if I put my mind to it! Yeah! I can watch what I eat, exercise, keep in better touch with my friends and family, and just be the best person I can be! So much optimism from one little ordinarily pessimistic. I guess the new year just involves taking care of business and just doing it, not dwelling on it all (which is usually my problem).

As far as my holiday season, all was a-ok. It was warm and sunny in California, enough to enjoy a Christmas Eve hike with the brother, and enough food to hold me until February! Then a couple of lazy days at home making sure I didn't get sick from the upbrupt weather change and then New Year's Eve which was okay overall. Amazing view, nice people, pretty low-key. Not much more you can ask for. Yesterday was a bit slow, as the champagne always proves more than just bubbly fun the next day.....a perfect day for watching movies and football, eating sandwiches, and snuggling.

But big news - now you can view some of my pictures on my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/59302364@N00/. Be patient though. I'm still figuring out how to do it and it may take me awhile :). But for now enjoy these pics; maybe soon i'll link directly to the flickr page - whoa, crazy things are in store for 2007!

1 comment:

simzgirl said...

Glad you are feeling better about the new year. I am sure all will be great in 2007.

Oh and nice pics!