Sunday, February 01, 2009

donut muffins


I read about these muffins on another blog, called bread and honey, and thought, those sound delish. Love donuts, love muffins, the perfect combination. Plus I know some co-workers and husbands who are willing to try it out. (The lovely picture on the left courtesy of JQPhoto).I used nonfat milk instead of whole, and skipped the coating in butter, just dusting the top with powdered sugar. The result? A yummy, lighter but hearty muffin that tasted surprisingly like a donut. Mmm, put some icing on and some multi-colored jimmies and I'll be set! Definitely a keeper! Follow the link above for the recipe.

4 comments:

rudechack said...

Oooh, your pictures look lovellyyyy!

Jason Quigley said...

I could eat these for breakfast every day. Forever.

Unknown said...

I think I will have to try these out...Shawn and I got into the nasty habit of buying a donut from New Seasons when we go grocery shopping on Saturdays. It started out as a "once in a while" treat and then got out of hand. He loves him some donuts, though. Since they stopped carrying Voodoo donuts, it hasn't been the same, but this looks like it would be slightly healthier for us. Thanks for sharing! Oh, and nice photo, Mr. Quigs.

magooski said...

I have to say though that donuts you buy are delicious as well. I can't bring myself to make them at home like they really should be made because then I'll never make them again :).