Monday, February 09, 2009

Monday Monday

No cooking posts today - didn't really do much baking last week. I did attempt to make risotto which had great taste with chorizo and peas, but just wasn't soft enough. I have heard that making risotto is difficult and it took forever. Not one I will probably do again. This weekend we make scallops with linguini and vodka sauce - thanks TJs! I want to try to make something tonight, but still need to figure out what. A bit of a busy week at school and after school so that is exciting. Sometimes I do better when I have plans in the afternoon.
Ahh, so nice to hear Allison Janney's voice on the radio, even if it is a Kaiser Permanente commerical. I miss my CJ - thank goodness I can watch her whenever I want to on DVD.
Took Lola to the coast yesterday and she was in love: running around trying to catch the birds, meeting other doggies, eating sand, and running with us. She was dog tired yesterday though so now we have to keep up with exercising her this week. Wish me luck! I will have to post the beach picture and the other funny picture - will try to do that tonight when I get home!

3 comments:

Kate Bennett said...

Risotto is difficult...from what I hear (you know I don't cook :) Anyway, Nick and I talked to a waiter at Cafe Mingo. He said that trick for luscious risotto is time and a glass of wine in your hand at all times. Ha ha!
We're having slider burgers tonight. Yum!
Coffee meeting later this week?

magooski said...

We did have some wine, but it made us hungry :). I'm up for coffee - maybe Thursday?

Anonymous said...

Yes, risotto takes for-e-ver to cook, but I think it's worth it!! I recommend reading a book AND drinking wine while cooking it.