Wednesday, November 08, 2006

random...

It's amazing how one thing can consume your life to the point of saturation and then you can't "dry out" so to speak. Last year at this very time, I was saturated with wedding preparations. My parents were in town, more family was starting to arrive and I was planning what my students were going to do for the next 6 days while I got married and went away on the blissful honeymoon (aka wedding detox time).
Right now life is pretty similar sans the whole wedding prep - I'm taking off two days for work (one for Jury Duty and one for fun) and I have to prepare for those days. Along with that I hatched the brilliant idea to have 4 of my classes have papers due next week which means I have to correct or peruse 4 sets of rough drafts (which I did in two days thankyouverymuch). Also, I have to prepare for my next units and start to grade the rest of the stack of papers. All while maintaining a Yearbook deadline of November 20th with a group that is a tad disinterested or rather oblivious to the ramifications of NOT getting pages done or having enough pictures, etc. Yearbook is a time to socialize and finish up other homework, right? [to me, the slave driver, the answer is wrong!]
I did finish everything I needed to do tonight so I'm ready to drop off rough drafts at school tomorrow before I head downtown for Jury Duty. Sick huh? I swear, I feel like a slave to those kids.

Thank goodness we are going away for 2 days this weekend and I can forget it all for awhile......we're heading up to Seattle and actually staying in a hotel downtown (Hotel Max, http://www.hotelmaxseattle.com/). I'm so excited to be downtown in a city and just act like a tourist and such. Although it may rain, I'm still looking forward to storming the city with zeal! Hopefully this mini-break will give me a fresh outlook and I can return rejuvenated for the rest of the holiday season, really the best part of the year. I'm yearning for days of reading, journalling and enjoying. With a bit a school and grading mixed in.

1 comment:

simzgirl said...

Oh I hope you have fun in Seattle! I just love that city. Make sure you take time to relax and don't think about anything school related. You need a break, woman!!