Wednesday, January 17, 2007

in the meadow.... (or my front yard...)

I can actually build a snowman! Yes folks, as most of you already know, snow has decended upon the Portland metro area! Those special conditions were just right: freezing temps, little build-up by the news, no announcements of "maybe snow tomorrow" at school. Just good 'ol-fashioned snowfall that happens once every three years around our parts. Such happiness, especially when you are home from work for two days and the snow is still here! Hooray - let the movies and knitting and and reading and warm trinken flow! And boy have they. Although I have been walking around a lot and just savoring the beauty and splendor of it all! I just cannot get over the sounds and smells associated with snow and my neighborhood. The crunch under your feet, the sweet air, the feeling like we're all stuck in a tiny village and all we should do is drink coffee and smile.
This snow came at a good time too. January is always so dreary and school gets a wee bit stressful with finals planning and such. I'm trying hard to conquer those new year blues (aka no more holiday festivities) and trying to find ways to keep myself busy and happy. However, those ways are frequently turning to thoughts about how I need to exercise more, eat as healthy as possible and to keep enriching my mind without getting too bogged down by work and those types of thoughts. This is the time to surround yourself with friends, keep the mind sharp with lots of activities and truly place those worries aside.
Anyways, enough of my blabbing, here are some lovely pictures from the snow to enjoy!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/meggieq/

1 comment:

simzgirl said...

Great pics! Glad you guys are enjoying the snow. Stay warm and have fun 'til it melts!