Friday, January 19, 2007

this is so lame, but I know some people are with me...

So last night while watching The Office, I let out a squeal of joy (which was misinterpreted by Jason as a squeal that a spider was near and that I was in dire need of some help in killing while I prance around in fear) because Jim admitted [again] that he still has feelings for Pam. Yes, I know they're not real people, but I'm a sucker for a good love story, especially those love stories that are in their nascent stages. The time before the first kiss, the courting, the anticipation, the side glances, the over-thinking of your actions (well, that's usual for me). Oh, it all makes me giddy with joy. Not that I'm in the market for more of those feelings (aka - I like my husband and generally want to keep him around to avoid having those awkward first steps in a relationship all over again and well, he's kinda cute!), but I just love the magic of a good love story. Especially when you constantly make the same amused/bewildered look on your face toward the camera when something funny happens (Jim) or go along with a well-timed prank (which I would SO do! he had it coming). Anyways, just watch The Office and you'll understand that I'm not completely in my own wacky world of make-believe (notice I said completely....)
On another note, J and I went to go see the movie, Stranger Than Fiction the other day and it was really good. Great acting, an interesting storyline, and just overall a thinker, but not in a I want to take my fingernails off because this indie movie is so depressing kind of way. Go see it if you can...or wait till it's available for rent because that should happen in like two weeks :).
Well, time killing is over. Almost time to leave for the weekend. Ahhh, two day work weeks. You are my friend. We should keep this relationship going for a loooooong time.

4 comments:

rudechack said...

AH! I'm so glad that you felt that way too!!! Alec has been rooting for Team Karen since Pam turned Jim down the last time, and he wasn't here when the show aired this week so I had no one to talk about it with! GAH, I enjoy a good love story. Go Team Pam.
<3kelly

magooski said...

Alec is soooooo wrong! Pam is the coolest and the sweetest. Plus, I can't help thinking "ho-bag" everytime I see Karen.

Anonymous said...

man, you're mean. karen is not a ho-bag.

simzgirl said...

I totally agree with you on the Jim/Pam issue. There is just something weird about Karen.