Sunday, December 21, 2008

still snowed in!

The answer to the last blog's post is no, I did not go back to school and teach. Guess that will be part of the new year's resolutions...go back to teaching :). It's Sunday, 2nd day of real Christmas break. And we're a bit snowed in with about 8 inches of snow and a frozen layer of ice on top. Lola is so happy; she pounces on the snow, breaks through the top layer, and smooshes her face into the snow underneath. It's like watching polar bears fish. Except she's just playing...I think.
I'm a little stir crazy though and happy that we have cookies to make. That's the highlight of my day - making cookies! Maybe people will come over, maybe they won't, but hey, I'll have sugar.
We're trying to get the house clean in hopes of taking an adventure downtown today to see the city covered in snow. Wish us luck and hope you have fun on this last Sunday before Christmas.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was thinking about venturing downtown. The MAX is out of commission, so that sucks, but I may try anyway. I don't know. I've done absolutely no Christmas shopping. I don't have much to get, but currently, Shawn has no present. Let me know if you go!

magooski said...

Man, we totally just got back from downtown - wish i checked it sooner. Except we got caught in the 19th blizzard of this week and it took about 90 minutes to get home. Oy. Too much snowmaggedon.