Sunday, September 17, 2006

Churches and cacti?

This is me in the most idyllic locale you can think of - a church in Thousand Oaks, California the day before my brother was about to tie the knot. Isn't that tree just too perfectly placed among all of the other idyllic mountains and lush green lawns? My photographer husband took this picture - you'll probably hear a lot about him - as he was scoping out the joint for some good photo spots for the pending nuptials.
Back to this locale....we spent the week in Southern California before said wedding in August and boy, was it beeyooteeful. 80 degrees, blue sky, low smog (notice I say low as beautiful), and wonderful scenery like this. The hours before this picture was so lovingly shot, we (meaning the boy, me, and my bestest friend kimberly) walked around the astounding Getty Center soaking in the rays and some art with thousands of our closest friends. My favorite part of the museum was the Cactus Garden primarily because of the view of the slightly hazy/smoggy city, but also because it was warm and I was with two of my favorite people. Awww. Commence tears......Seriously, it was fabulous - I suggest it to anyone traveling in the LA area.
The events after this picture aren't too terribly interesting. Rehearsal, dinner, then a quick drive home in my sister's new convertible MINI cooper. Now that's what I call an idyllic California day.

1 comment:

simzgirl said...

Sounds perfect...but I would just need a guarantee again a sunburn. Does smog do that? ;)