Tuesday, September 19, 2006

i think i can, i think i can

Another photo to spice up the 'ol page - here we are on the day of the Providence Bridge Pedal on top of the Fremont Bridge. The ride was so beautiful - a crisp morning, gorgeous sites, and what an accomplishment. All part of my "let's try new things and see what I can do" attitude. Sadly, this is probably one of the last things I have done lately in this vein. Definitely a huge accomplishment on my part because I have a) never participated in any sort of race and b) that was the longest I've ever ridden my bike in my life and c) it was even on my 26th birthday! I am really looking forward to it next year though and am ready to make that 10 bridge ride my bee-yotch!
I'm still looking for my next, look out world activity though. I think voice lessons or even just getting off my ass and exercising would be a start. But at least I can look back to that picture, remember the pain and enjoyment, and try to find small accomplishments in my own daily life.

3 comments:

simzgirl said...

Check you out! But what I really wanna know is how bad did your ASS hurt the next day?! Bikes totally kill my butt.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of ya baby. That was fun! Can't wait to tackle 10 bridges next year.

magooski said...

In response to the ass question, surprisingly not that bad. But, we had been training for awhile so the ass had adjusted!