Tuesday, September 19, 2006

the next ramble

I don't know where the time goes after work. I slip into a deep lethargy, or as a friend lovingly calls a disco nap, and then awake at about 5pm absolutely devoid of energy. Teaching the kiddos (big kiddos, but kiddos nonetheless) just takes it out of me, which scares me because if I'm this tired now, what will happen as I get older and supposedly get more responsibilities in life? I know a lot of this has to do with me not falling asleep when I get home and actually exercising (!) but I fall prey to the couch and monotony of the tv just so easily, I don't know what to do. I keep telling myself, you'll get used to it, etc. But I know the truth. I'll be just as tired now as I will be in June.
And now is the time of year when I feel super duper overwhelmed with planning and grading and just plain being a teacher. When I get home, I want to get on with my regular life instead of feeling guilty for doing something other than grading, planning, or reading for tomorrow. Geez, there's enough guilt (mostly the catholic kind, but also familial and personal) in my mixed-up brain that I really do not need to stuff more in there. So there.

I fear this will be more of a rant than ramble, but hey, that's what happens sometimes. At least it's Tuesday. That's my one good thing for today. And I'm going to dinner with my boy and a friend from out of town tonight, so that's pretty nifty. Nifty. Hmmm, I must be tired!

1 comment:

simzgirl said...

Dude. I can totally relate on the tired thing. Then just when I thought I couldn't possibly be more tired, I went and got knocked up and learned tired on a whole new level. Yeah, and I hear it only gets worse once the kid is born. God help me....