Saturday, September 30, 2006

Currently hailing from the best music capital of the United States (or so I like to think....), I feel that this blog will be my opportunity to share some bands that I am in love with right now that other people may like. Now be mindful that I do like bands of the indie rock persuasion, but I really just enjoy music that gets to me. That can be hard to explain, but I believe that your gut tells you a lot about bands and their music.
One band that I've been loving for awhile and we recently got the cd is Horse Feathers (http://www.myspace.com/horsefeathersmusic). The music is filled with strings and acoustic guitars and haunting voices and it's the perfect accompaniment to a quiet night. They're playing at Holocene on October 19th and if you can make it, go. Just beautiful music. That's all I can say, beautiful.
Another band that rocks is Viva Voce (http://www.vivavoce.com), a husband/wife duo that just freakin' rock. Their new cd definitely rocks, but it's still in that "growing on me" stage. I suggest that you get their second album, The Heat Can Melt You Brain, to begin. It rocks the first song and just keeps you interested.....plus, they kick ass live and I totally want to take Kevin and Anita home with me to just hang out and take out when I need to rock. That's my test for a band - if I want to take them home, store them in my closet, and bring them out during various points in my day, then they're keepers. And believe me, I have a long list of bands who I want to take home with me in both non-sexual and sexual ways ;).
So there are two bands to start. Email me for more if you want......or I can tailor my bands likes to your music taste if these bands don't do anything for you. I was GM at my college's radio station, so I know a thing or two. And thus ends my pompous ode to Portland music.

2 comments:

simzgirl said...

"I want to take home with me in both non-sexual and sexual ways ;)"

Ok, you are just too cute! But I totally know what you mean!

Anonymous said...

which ones are the sexual ones? hmm?